Monday, April 4, 2011

April 1-2, 2011

As five-plus inches of April Fools snow fell upon our homes, we headed to Logan Airport for the thrice-delayed flight to Miami. Nick has already told most of that story, but I’ll tell you of our first minor “miracle in Miami”. Nick had slipped on ice Thursday evening and was suffering shooting back pains. Disembarking for our overnight stay in Miami, Nick asked me for a helping hand with his carry-on. Half-way through the terminal I transferred the bag to my right arm only to arrive at luggage pickup and discover my Blackberry phone had disappeared from its then upside down pouch! I immediately reported it missing to the airlines lost & found, but a search of the plane and jetway turned up empty. I turned to the one hope I had, a prayer that God would have the phone returned to me before we left Miami.

Having to clear Security on Saturday before the MIA Airport Lost & Found opened, I could only file a report prior to leaving. Aboard our flight, as the cabin doors closed and I began to fill out the Customs and Immigration forms, Nick approached calling my name: “John, I have your Blackberry!” Prayer Answered!!! In a most unusual coincidence, Nick had left his carry-on pouch top zipper open and the Blackberry had slipped from my hip pouch into his carry-on! Having spent Friday evening dining with Linda and Nick’s Miami-resident son, Alex, the phone went unnoticed until Nick reached into his carry-on in time to have the prayer answered graciously: “YES!”

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment